Parallel to MIDI Conversion
Allowing simple electrical input states to be converted in real time to MIDI standard note on and off messages, this MIDI-to-Parallel converter can be used in applications such as:
- Converting piano/organ keyboards, pedalboards and stop tabs to MIDI controller devices
- Scanning of cardboard book or paper roll music to produce MIDI files
- Real-time control of MIDI devices in live theatre and music shows
- Adding MIDI sound generators to mechanical instruments
- Novel musical instruments such as the 'laser harp'
- MIDI sequence playback control
- And much more...
Photo shows a prototype. Production units may differ slightly.
The PTM-1 has the following features:
- Supplied as a single high quality glass fibre pcb with gold-plated finish, measuring 185 mm x 95 mm
- Five 3.2mm mounting holes provided on the circuit board
- 128 logic-level inputs, user selectable between active low (pull-down) and active high (pull-up)
- Industry standard 20-way IDC input connectors for use with ribbon cables
- 5-pin DIN socket for MIDI out
- MIDI output channel selected by on-board switches
- Logic-level inputs for MIDI Start, Stop and Timing Clock real-time synchronisation signals
- Integrated 'de-bounce' logic for note, Start and Stop inputs
- Minimal latency (320 microseconds) on the Timing Clock input for high timing accuracy
- Powered by a DC supply anywhere in the range 8 to 35 volts via high quality rising-clamp screw terminals
- Indicator LED shows green when power on and changes to red when any note inputs are active
- Supplied with comprehensive installation notes
- RoHS compliant (free from hazardous substances such as lead, mercury and cadmium)
The price of this unit is £95.00 (UK Pounds), including installation instructions and technical support by e-mail/telephone.
Use the buttons below to make a purchase on-line and manage your order:
Please see the Downloads page for additional documents and software relating to this product and the Accessories page for optical sensors that can be used with this circuit to make a keyboard, paper roll or card book music scanner.
Please note: Due to annual holiday arrangements, orders placed from 18th October onwards will not be processed until 5th November